Monday 15 October 2012

Author Interview: Linda Jackson

What is your name and where do you live now?
Linda Jackson and I live in Wimbledon


Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
I always loved writing but my original passion was drawing, I wanted to be an artist


What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it what would you say?


The name of the book is a father’s obsession, to summarise it I would say it was fast paced touching on dark subjects with a lot of action and strong emotions


How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
It took me about a year to write it because I tend to go over the story several times before I finish with it


Do you have plans for a new book?
My next book is due out for release in about a week which is the second in the series


What genre would you place your books into?
Paranormal romance, dark fantasy


What made you decide to write that genre of book?
That genre is the kind of books I like to read


Do you have a favourite out of the books you have written? If so why is it your favourite?
I would say the first is my favourite since it’s how it all began but I love both of my books


Do you have a favourite character from your books? Why are they your favourite?
My favourite character would have to be Trey because he’s so cheeky !


Where do you get your book plot ideas from?What/Who is your inspiration?
My book plot ideas tend to come to me from out of the blue, I’ve always got ideas buzzing around in my head! My inspiration would have to be Sherrilyn Kenyon


Do you have a certain routine you have for writing? ie You listen to music, sit in a certain chair?
I tend to sit at my kitchen table with the stereo on not sure why but that’s where I feel comfortable


Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?
I write the book and then choose the title


How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books?
I use names I like for the characters and tend to make up place names

Do you decide on character traits (ie shy, quiet, tomboy girl) before writing the whole book or as you go along?
I choose the character traits before I write the book


Have you ever suffered from a "writer's block"? What did you do to get past the "block"?
I’m lucky enough not to have come across writer’s block yet


Is there a certain author that influenced you in writing?
As I said earlier sherrilyn Kenyon is a big influence for me


What is your favourite book and Why?  Have you read it more than once?
Hard to pin point favourite book but archeron from the dark hunters is probably the one and I don’t tend to read books twice since I have so many books that I want to read I’d never get the time.


Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favourite/worst  book to movie transfer?
Some books transfer to movies well Harry Potter is probably my favourite movie transfer


What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback)
At the moment I’m about to start Tiger’s Destiny by Colleen Houck on my kindle. I loved all the previous ones


Do you think ebooks will ever totally replace printed books?
I hope not! I still love sitting down with a printed book


What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Writing tends to take over your life! Warn loved ones in advance!

______________________________________________________________________________




You can purchase A Father's Obsession on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment