Saturday 23 February 2013

Review: Capturing Bliss by Nicole Hurley-Moore

Capturing BlissCapturing Bliss by Nicole Hurley-Moore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love novella length stories for when I want a quick, satisfying read and Capturing Bliss delivers. It is beautifully written with lovely descriptive language and realistic dialogue that feels 'medieval' in tone. Naturally, the story develops quickly due to it's length but it doesn't feel forced or rushed. The chemistry between Bliss and William was wonderful and sensual in places. Their first night together is romantic but sexy.

I expected a little more anguish when Bliss finally reveals that she is not Ivetta but William's reaction was not what I expected and, actually, it was really heart-warming. Hurley-Moore introduces the story in the present day and ends it beautifully in the present day where we get to see the ongoing prosperity of the Reynard family both in love and life.

This is no dramatic tale but lovers of a happy ending, well rounded characters and lovely writing will enjoy this. You will finish it with a smile on your face.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment