Thursday 7 March 2013

Book review: Highland Hogmanay by Krystal Brookes

Highland HogmanayHighland Hogmanay by Krystal Brookes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was very excited to win a copy of this from Ms. Brookes and it didn't disappoint.

The story is very quick to get going with Isla meeting Mark right at the start. Mark is charming, sexy and kind with just the right amount of alpha-male in him. Isla is a woman that many women will be able to identify with - struggling to bring up her young children and carve out a new life for herself. Even if you've never been through it, she's very human and likeable.

Things very quickly heat up between them and the majority of scenes between them are hot, hot hot! Ms. Brookes steers away from clichés and creates a fresh and sexy romance between them. The story has just the right amount of sweet romance to keep it in the erotic romance genre without being saccharine.

The only thing I would have to say is I felt the end was a little rushed. I would have liked the happy ending to be a little more drawn out but perhaps this was because I enjoyed the story so much. If you are looking for a hot, drama-free read which will make you smile, then this is a must-read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment