Monday 29 April 2013

Author Interview: Tania Elizabeth


Please welcome Tania to my blog today. She is helping to raise funds for the Starlight Children's Foundation, which supports terminally ill children and their families. For every appearance blog appearance,  she will be donating $1 to the Starlight Children’s Foundation. 

Check out their progress on their Facebook page.

What is your name and where do you live now?
My name is Tania Elizabeth and as of now, I currently call the gorgeous sunny Gold Coast on the East Coast of Australia my home.

First off, how has your week been?
Brilliant, wonderful, grand! Every day is one more day for more divine experiences and one day closer to all my dreams come true. As with, it was my sons 10th birthday and my children and I thoroughly enjoyed watching last night’s meteor shower from the mountain top. J

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and how long you’ve been writing?
I am a great mother of three beautiful children, whom I am so very proud of. I am an advocate for the Starlight Children’s Foundation, which supports terminally ill children and their families. I love life and the world over. So much so, that many think I am on something J And as for my writing . . . that has been something in which I have done from the mere age of 11. Writing is not only one of my deepest passions, but I also find it to be my catharsis, a healing process if you may.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it what would you say?
‘The Tier of Eternal Grace’ is a captivating fantasy of magic and passion, wound into the truths of reality that will enchant readers with its depiction of the faerie realm, and the exploits of the faeries themselves. Book One of the series The Moon Clearing is an immersive tale of mysticism and adventure, of spiritual and sensual intent that shall enrapture your every sense.

Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
Much of my writing is based upon personal experience in one way or another. It is because of this, that I find writing a part of my healing process. Especially with those life details that many of us would prefer to be left unturned. Through the words I wrote, I gained a new strength and learnt the true meaning of I Love Me.

What was your favourite chapter to write and why?
Chapter Three, Dissension, was quite a lot of fun. This Chapter was based around the battle scenes that took place on the Moon Clearing. As faeries, they do not acquire physical weapons as such. Though their strengths are more than undeniable, as they have the capability to manipulate all forces of nature, fire, air, water and earth. The scene bringing with it much torment, adventure, and destruct.

What does your protagonist think about you? Would they want to hang out with you, their author and creator?
Absolutely. Considering she is based upon my own self. How could I not want to hang out with me. I love me! ;)

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Though a fantasy fiction where the reader can loose themselves within the enchantment, the magic and the drama . . . my hope is that the reader may also finds themselves on a journey of self discovery. To come to a new understanding of oneself. To gain a new love and respect for oneself and that of Mother Earth and all others.

Do you have a favourite character from your books? Why are they your favourite?
Tatiana Grace, being the queen of thy faeries. She is of such strength and wisdom. Not only is she of absolute beauty without, though her beauty within shines above all else. Her love for all souls and that of Mother Earth is admirable. She makes no judgement and lives her everyday in complete gratitude.

Do you have to do much research?
Would you believe, that although it is a fantasy fiction of a realm unlike that of our own. Yes, I have had to do quite a lot of research. Though this is where the nerd in me comes out. I love this. I love learning new things. One example would be learning about the many different kinds of trees/plants/flowers . . . down to the anatomy of a tree. For the second book, I have even gone and spoken to a doctor in order to get facts right on a particular subject. For I could not have written about particular things had I not had a better understanding of it.

Have you ever suffered from a "writer's block"? What did you do to get past the "block"?
I apologise to those who believe this to be of truth. Though, I do not believe in writer’s block, nor will allow the fear of the block to exist within myself. I live in complete faith and belief that the words will always flow, and that they have always done. The fear only arises out of the fear of failure. No one of us are ever a failure, and it is only our own selves that can bring this true upon oneself.

Is there a certain author that influenced you in writing?
There are many authors that have had an influence on my writing. Though I could very easily tell you the three main authors that opened me up to my world of fantastical, poetic and influential writing. To begin with, I would have to name, Enid Blyton. For it was her books, The Adventures of the Faraway Tree and The Wishing Chair in which had me lost in the fantasy worlds as a child.                   Then you would have the classical and poetic writings of William Shakespeare.                                     And, last but certainly not least, Florence Scovel Shinn, who wrote the book in which was the catalyst for my own journey of self love and discovery.

What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Do not doubt and do not fear your own potential. If you believe that you can be the next J.K. Rowling, then be it. Do not allow others to bring you down and have you believe otherwise. For I guarantee they will try. Though it is your choice as to whether you listen to their banter, or that of your own negative influence also. Think about it. Why only reach for the closest star, when you could reach for them all with open arms. BELIEVE! x

Tania Elizabeth is a mother first and foremost and the author of The Tier of Eternal Grace. Book One The Moon Clearing was released earlier this year. Book Two The Mirrors Shadow will be released about September. Book Three will then follow in the early part of 2014.

SUMMARY of The Moon Clearing

Beyond the boundary that separates the mundane and earthly planes from the divine lies Eterna Fadas, a place ruled by extraordinary beings, lithe and human-like in appearance, yet ethereal in their grace and beauty, and sensuous in nature.

"I have existed always! Where I began I do not know, for all I know is just as I am today!"
As Queen, Tatiana was thought to have lived a life of opulence, her faith and beliefs her endearing essence. Why then was it so, that beneath the picture of perfection laid torments and terrors even she dare not explain. Being She came with its prices paid. Being She came with a deal; a contract in which she was to relinquish herself to a rogue of unmerciful fury. Would this be the end of all she know? Would this be the end of her existence?

Purchase Tania's book on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment