Monday 3 June 2013

Book Spotlight: Sugar Daddy by Rie Warren

Please welcome Rie to my blog today. She's sharing her newest release, Sugar Daddy, with us. Read on for a great excerpt!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She needs a job. He wants a mistress. Hearts and contracts are bound to get broken.
Shay Greer is pure GRITS—a Girl Raised In The South–but nowhere near a demure southern belle. She’s looking for a way out of her broken down marriage when she lands an unexpected job offer she really should refuse. Position? Mistress. Fringe Benefits? Of course. Fraternization with sexy CEO Reardon Boone? Required. Lured by the promise of intimacy missing from her failed marriage, Shay signs on. She’s barely survived a hellish year of heartbreak and needs a fresh start, but she gets more than she bargained for with lowcountry-boy-made-good Reardon Boone. 
Bankrolling Shay into his bedroom, Reardon sticks by his tried and true rules: no-strings-attached seduction, no messy emotions, absolutely nothing resembling a relationship. This sassy, sultry woman fits the bill precisely…until she arouses more than his erotic appetite.
So desirable he sets hearts on fire in everyone from downtown debutantes to downhome mommas, Reardon is as irresistible as he is unattainable. Shay falls hard despite their unorthodox arrangement. Determined to discover what’s concealed beneath his Forbes 400 facade, she has no idea how close to home the truth will hit.
CONTENT WARNING: Hotter than a South Carolina summer.


You can purchase Sugar Daddy from Amazon, B&N and iTunes.



Find Rie on Facebook.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Excerpt~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reardon brought it on with a swat to my bottom. “Why don’t we settle this over a race?”
Enveloped by the lingering musk of his cologne de man--the scent of cedar and seashores--I mounted my four-wheeler, taking off in a cascade of dirt and my own challenge, “Think you can keep up?”
We dodged through pine and saw palm, weaving under glossy green leaves dappled with sunlight and thorny bracken seeking to waylay us. More than a handful of squirrels lifted onto hind legs at our approach before skedaddling into the underbrush, tails bushy, weasel eyes wide.
Reardon was hell bent on overtaking me as we crested a small hill, but I gunned the engine and hunkered low so clumps of mud spun behind me. “Eat my dust!”
Glimpsing back, I caught his grin and wink, then the defiant determination of his expression. Around the far edge of a brackish swamp, he made his move, cutting across the water, skirting cypress knees, a field of lily pads parting before him.
Gearing down, he idled ahead, waiting. “Any further and we’re gonna end up in the Ashepoo River.”
“Well, I’m filthy as sin, but I don’t much feel like a swim right now.”
He reached across and dabbed a smear of crud on my cheek. “You’re good at off-roading.”
“Compliments will get you everywhere.”
“Rematch?”
“You want me to kick your ass for you this time?”
His laugh lit his eyes and put the cute dimples in his cheeks, and his smile lasted the entire ride back to the main arena, even though I wiped the floor with him.
He left his ATV running and loped to me. In a hurry, he unbuckled my helmet, tossed it aside. He bent me over backward, his mouth thoroughly finding mine, tongue swirling inside, roughly massaging mine.
As he straightened, he lifted me off the seat.
Twirling my fingers through his hair, I murmured, “Off-roadin’ get you hot, baby?”
“You do, mud and all.” He tugged my earlobe between his teeth, scraping me across his thick erection. “Besides, it’s been a damn long three weeks, Shay. Can’t wait to get you naked.”
“Mmm, I do believe I offered already.”
He and Junior hosed down the vehicles while I lounged against the tailgate with a cold beer after commandeering the hose for a quick rinse-off. A popular place to ride, the obstacle course and tracks were overrun by families and couples and friends out for an afternoon of trail blazing.
The excellent sight of Reardon and half a dozen other men getting all wet, cleaning off four-wheelers and dirt bikes, was deeply engrossing.
Hmm, now that’s what I called a wet t-shirt contest.
A pair of strong arms encompassed me from behind, a cool, damp chest pressing against me. My yelp turned into a whimper as Reardon made his way up my neck to my earlobe with his tongue. “Enjoying the view, are you?”
Swiveling my bottom into his hips, I sighed. “People watchin’.”
“That what it’s called now?”
No, it was called perving on the pretty boys, but I wasn’t about to admit that.
Setting off down the other side of my neck, his open-mouthed kisses made my eyes shut and my lips part. “You like a dirty guy, then?”
I nodded.

“In that case, I got something to show you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment