Monday 9 September 2013

Author Interview: Christy Newton

What is your name and where do you live now?
Christy Newton. Indiana, USA

Thanks for joing me today, Christy. First off, how has your week been?
Very busy. I’d like to say it was all writing, but sadly I don’t live in a hut on some tropical island.

Nor me, unfortunately *sigh*. Are your books available as eBooks? Were you involved in that process at all? Do you read eBooks or is it paper all the way?
Yes, they are all ebooks, but will also be released as print on demand. I mostly like paper books. I love the feel and smell of a paper book.

I'm the same. I find it much easier to get into a paperback. So did you have any say in the title / cover of your book?
Yes, I got to pick all my titles and I was able to give input on my covers.

And what about when you started your book, did you plan on writing it as a series, or did it just grow into one?
Yes, I planned on all my books being part of a series.

Ooh very organised of you. My series seemed to grow without my knowledge! What genre would you place your books into?
So far I have written romantic suspense and contemporary.

I love romantic suspense! And do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?
I choose a title first, but sometimes change it after the book is written. Stolen Hearts started out as Rubies Are Red.

Do you think ebooks will ever totally replace printed books?
No! If so, I will surely cry. There is room in this world for both.

Me too! Thanks so much for stopping by today, Christy. Best of luck with your books and any future writing projects.
 

I’m a hopeless romantic writer, inspired by art, love and hope. I just might be the only writer out there that doesn’t drink caffeine. Dark chocolate and warm cookies are my weaknesses. I love to read books that make me laugh out loud or make me want to live in the place they are set in. Find Christy on her website, Facebook and Goodreads.



Jewels, deception and adventure…
Twenty-two year old Cammie Adams knows one thing for sure – life isn’t fair. She’s still an emotional wreck from the tragic loss of her parents seven years ago. Right after she gets her PI license she is not only robbed, but abducted, only to find her life was all a lie. When she finds her mother’s diary, she discovers she was only a pawn in her mother’s dangerous game. Now she must get back what is rightfully hers from the man that murdered her mother.
Hot and mysterious, Simon Fisher has really only loved one thing – jewels. This ex-jewel thief, now bodyguard, doesn’t even know what hits him when he rescues Cammie as a favor to her father. Simon must protect her, but soon finds out where there’s trouble, Cammie isn’t far behind. She will not only steal his prized jewel, but his heart.
Purchase Stolen Hearts from Amazon, ARe and B&N.

No comments:

Post a Comment