Monday 14 October 2013

Tag! You're IT Blog Hop

Thanks so very much to Lelani Black for tagging me to take part in her Tag You’re IT blog hop. I get to share a few tid-bits about my current work in progress, and tag three other authors and invite them to answer the same questions for their Monday blogs.

They then tag 3 more authors, and so on and so forth till it’s one great big giant Tag-Along! Sound good? Here goes!

1. What are you working on right now?

I'm working on a currently untitled contemporary romance. It involves a sexy soldier, a woman who's been an army wife and has no wish to repeat the experience and some nasty drug dealers.

2. How does it differ from other works in its genre?

I draw a lot on my personal experience as an army wife and though my hero is very alpha, he's a modern day knight in shining armour. Nick isn't cocky or overly arrogant. He's charming but in a kind way. He takes care of people but more than anything he wants to take care of my heroine, Sienna. His honesty and confidence in what he wants sets him apart from many heroes I think.

3. Why do you write what you do?

Well normally I write historical romance but really I love all kind of romance. I love the idea of soul mates, of eternal love and of fighting for it and doing everything you can to hold onto it. None of the happy endings I write come easily and I love the conflict and the growth that leads to that.

5. How does your writing process work?

It varies. I'm a pantser usually and have a very vague outline in my head but I may plan some bits. I guess I'm a pantser when it comes to the whole process too. I just go with what feels right at the time. My last book, I actually planned out properly. After that, I try and bash out a minimum of 2000 words a day. I can do more if I try hard but life doesn't always let me.

Here are the 3 authors I’ve tagged for this hop:

Lyncee Shillard
Anne Conley
Elodie Parkes

Thanks for stopping by, and happy blog-hopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment