Thursday 28 November 2013

Release day spotlight and guest post: Elodie Parkes

Please welcome Elodie to my blog today as she talks about the inspiration behind her new release!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, thank you for inviting me to the blog today with my new Evernight Publishing release, ‘A Little Mysterious’.
I’m talking about the inspiration behind the book today.
I’ve had Dhruv in my mind for a couple of years, his name and his personality, but his looks and the complete story only gelled for me after a guy came into the place I work and he was ‘just Dhruv’. Right way I knew I’d met Dhruv. (Laughs)
I got the name from some work I did when I was on a traveling holiday in Australia. I had to book appointments for a company, and there was a client named Dhruv Mystery. I loved the name and stored it in my memory for future use, though my Dhruv doesn’t have a surname. Also, the sight of an entire flock of black swans swimming in a river estuary near where I rented a holiday home stayed with me until the story poured out onto my laptop after, as I said, actually ‘meeting Dhruv’.
The man, who was just passing through the antique emporium where I currently work, was just gorgeous. His looks are described exactly in the book. (Smiles)
Insert book cover
The book,
A Little Mysterious

He’d been sent off course…he thought he was lost…until he found Daisy.

His vampire abilities were special. He belonged to an elite group. Moving home, they are set off course by a storm that lands Dhruv alone, hungry, and desperate in a strange town. A story of lust, love, and coincidence.
He’d been sent off course…he thought he was lost…until he found Daisy. His vampire abilities were special. He belonged to an elite group. Moving home, they are set off course by a storm that lands Dhruv alone, hungry, and desperate in a strange town. That’s where he meets Daisy.

Purchase from Amazon, ARe and Bookstrand.

1 comment: