My name is Jessica Kong and I live in New Jersey.
- First off, how has your week been?
My week has been as it always is, happily busy.
- Did you always want to be a writer? If not, what did you want to be?
No, actually I wanted to be a Kindergarten teacher. But after having my three munchkins, I decided that was not the field for me, even though I love children.
- Please tell us about your current release.
My latest release is A Forgotten Kitten, a science fiction romance with a sprinkle of fantasy and adventure. It’s the second installment to my Sea-anan Saga, a series that focuses on war, love, family, even racism.
- Where did you come up with the idea to write your book? My ideas come from everywhere—movies, books, animations, and dreams.
- How does your family feel about the book? They are extremely happy and proud of me. They are my inspiration. They were also the ones who gave me that extra push I needed to publish my first book, A Lost Kitten, a paranormal romance with a science fiction twist.
- When you started your book, did you plan on writing it as a series, or did it just grow into one? I had planned on creating a series in three different genres. It wasn’t until I started writing that all three series ended up being connected.
- Do you have plans for a new book? Yes. My next book is the first installment to my Oceanan Trilogy, a science fiction romance entitled, A Seacat’s Love. This story is about the relationship between a human spy and an alien warrior. This couple started it all.
- What genre would you place your books into? My books are like my characters—hybrids. My books fall under several romance genres—science fiction, fantasy, and paranormal.
- Are your books available as eBooks? Yes, they both are. Were you involved in that process at all? To an extent, I was. I picked out the font, but I don’t do the formatting. Do you read eBooks or is it paper all the way? I used to read only books, but after my husband bought me a kindle, I am hooked on ebooks.
- Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? My message is simple. No matter where we are from, we are all the same. We all feel the same emotions—anger, fear, love, and happiness. We would get further if we could overlook our differences and focus on what we all want—to live in peace.
Picking up from where the first installment of the series, A Lost Kitten, left off, the second installment in the fast-paced Sea-anan Saga by Jessica A. Kong explains the reasoning behind the creation of the law that forbids felines to permanently join with aliens.
This law creates the main conflict that exists between Sev, the reigning king of the Oceanan race, and his soulmate, Areo, of the human-feline hybrids. Sev is raised in the midst of a vicious family feud, but all seems worth it when his adoptive aunt gives birth to a beautiful little girl, Areo, whom Sev falls instantly and irrevocably in love with. But when Sev’s planet collides with its own sun and collapses, he must bear the loss of his entire family, including his love as well as any memory of her.
When Areo’s empire is brutally attacked, everyone is scattered throughout the universe. Where does she land but the planet that Sev is currently occupying. What follows is a continually building conflict interlaced with one of the most fervently passionate love stories seen in these kinds of novels.
Author Jessica A. Kong chooses not just to write about space travel, or war, or love, or family, or even racism; instead, she chooses to combine all of these classic literary themes into one amazing story. The result is a mysterious and ultimately deeply satisfying story that only leads to the craving for more from this gifted and astoundingly creative writer.
A Lost KittenA Forgotten Kitten
Jessica A. Kong is an avid reader of all things fantasy, futuristic, and paranormal. When she is not reading or writing, she enjoys puzzles, arts and crafts, crocheting, horror movies, and video games. She created the Sea-anan Saga out of inspiration provided by her love for movies like Star Wars and Deep Space Nine, along with an avid appreciation of romance novels. She makes her home in Somerset, New Jersey, with her loving husband of twenty-one years and their teenaged triplets.
Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jessica-Kong/155150417957328