Wednesday 5 March 2014

Author Interview: Beverly Ovalle

Please welcome Beverly to my blog today as she shares her new release and tells us all about it!
What is your name and where do you live now?
Hi, I’m Beverly Ovalle and I live in Wisconsin in the United States.
First off, how has your week been?
My week has been crazy busy. I’m gearing up for inspections of my rural carrier delivery routes. I’m a Postmaster in my everyday life. The weather has been crazy too. Snowing and below zero one day, forty degrees the next, we even had thunder and lightning followed by snow.
Where did you come up with the idea to write your book?
My son’s tattoo inspired this story. It’s not obvious but the working title was Saint Nicholas which is what his tattoo says.
Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
The cocky Marine attitude is straight from my son! LOL! As is the breakup with his girlfriend when he was in Afghanistan.
Are your books available as eBooks? Were you involved in that process at all? Do you read eBooks or is it paper all the way?
My book is only available as an ebook. I’m addicted to my kindle. I have three! I only buy specific authors in print unless of course I’m at a signing. I’m a huge reader and just can’t resist a book! Especially one signed by the author.
Did you have any say in the title / cover of your book?
Yes. A title change was requested by my publisher as she thought my working title would limit my readers as A Saint’s Salvation is not really a Christmas story as Saint Nicholas would suggest. I drew a blank and my editor Tamara Hoffa came up with a few and A Saint’s Salvation was a perfect fit. I was able to describe what I would like to see on the cover and the cover artist, Dawne Dominique more than met my expectations. I would even say exceeded!
Are there certain characters you would like to go back to, or is there a theme or idea you’d love to work with?
I love the ‘primos’, cousins of my character Santiago. I have actually started a story for each of them. Jandro, Nick’s mouthy cousin is still a bit nebulous, but I think he’s a fabulous character. His primo Lee, I can’t seem to get his story down fast enough. But, I’m almost done with another book and getting ready to send it off to be beta read. So while Willow’s Cry is out, I will continue Lee Santiago’s story, A Sailor’s Delight.
How does your family feel about the book?
My family is proud that I’ve done something I always wanted to do. My husband shares everything to support me. My daughter bought it in support but won’t read it, lol. And my son refuses to talk about it, though he let me use his pictures in my teasers as long as I cut off his head!
Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
My book deals with the fact that war can change you physically and mentally. It shows that with help your dreams are possible. I actually dedicated A Saint’s Salvation to the men and women who serve and listed hotline assistance numbers in the dedication.
Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
With a full time job, I don’t seem to have much time to write. I usually end up writing on the weekends when I don’t work. I try to get a bit of writing during the week, but I’m also trying to make sure I take time to exercise to keep my life a bit more balanced. It keeps me with a fresh outlook.
A SAINT’S SALVATION
By Beverly Ovalle
Published by Secret Cravings Publishing
Released February 10, 2014

Angel’s life changed the minute Saint saved her from a grenade. Now Saint has a second chance to prove he’s the man for her.
Corporal Nicholas 'Saint' Santiago needs to go home to reclaim the man he used to be. To be the man he was before Operation Enduring Freedom slowly hardened his heart. He needs to reconnect to the values and the reasons he is doing what he does. Saint also needs to try to forget the courageous woman he knows was meant to be his.
Petty Officer Angelina Jones' life changed the moment Saint saved her life. She survived the blast but now has to deal with the fact that she will never be whole. Knowing Saint received a 'Dear John' letter, Angelina has no intention of being his rebound romance. She needs to be loved for herself. She needs to forget about the one man she knows was meant to be hers.
They each try to find someone to help them forget.
But what does fate have planned for them?
Book Links:
Purchase from Amazon, ARe and Secret Cravings


Other books by Beverly Ovalle:

Beverly Ovalle lives in Wisconsin with her husband Edmond of 24 years and two Chinese Water Dragons. Having her own Dragons is expected as she is dragon crazy and anyone that walks in her house can tell. Her son Nicholas visits when he is on leave from the Marines.  Her daughter Susannah visits to grocery shop in the pantry and to see what might be cooking for dinner.
Beverly has travelled around the world thanks to five years in the US Navy and has worked for the government in one capacity or another for the past 30 years. Beverly and her brothers have travelled most of the continental United States as children due to the station wagon from Hell.  Still active with veterans, she is adjutant for her local AMVETS.
Beverly has been reading romances since her Aunt introduced her to the gothic romance in the fourth grade and is still reading every chance she gets.
Contact Links:
Blog: http://SSLYblog.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment