Monday 7 July 2014

Book Spotlight: Seizing Heaven by Nicole Hurley-Moore

I'm thrilled to welcome Nicole to my blog today to share her new release, Seizing Heaven. This is a standalone read but involves the same family from one of my fave reads of hers, Capturing Bliss. We're lucky enough to be spoiled with snippets from both books! Yay!


Seizing Heaven


Can the Reynard family betrothal ring really choose his true bride? Lord Savaric Reynard is about to find out.


Lord Savaric Reynard is intent on marrying the widow of Blackstone Manor, that is, until fate and the Reynard betrothal ring get in the way. On his way to meet the widow, Savaric is waylaid by Rosamund, a travelling artist.
He doesn’t believe in magic or the old family legend that the Reynard betrothal ring has the power to choose the right and true bride. Savaric soon discovers he can try and run from Fate, but one way or another it just might catch up with him.


Amazon link - http://goo.gl/brQEB6


Snippet


The girl straightened and her eyes narrowed when she addressed him. “Sir, I do not want your coin.”
“Then what do you want? Come, you came to Foxwoods with a purpose.”
“I want nothing from you, Lord Reynard. I was honour bound to return the ring and I need no money for that.” Her voice was even but he saw a spark of indignation spark in her eyes.
“And what do you know of honour?” The words slipped out of Savaric’s mouth before he could stop them.
“Savaric!” Aunt Amice gasped.
“More than you, I wager,” Rosamund said as her hands fisted by her sides. “I have returned your possession and yet you choose to insult me. You may be a fine lord, but I have found better manners and more kindness from the woodcutter I passed on the road.”
She stepped away from the hearth and dropped into curtsy before Amice. “May God grant you blessings, Lady. I thank you for your sweet words but I should leave. ‘Tis better that way.”
“Nay, I will not have it. I will not allow you to go back into the tempest. I insist that you accept our hospitality. You will have dry clothes, a warm bed and food. We are in your debt, child and once Savaric recovers his manners he will be in agreement.” Aunt Amice stood up and took the girl’s hand. “Now, I shall not hear another word about it.”
Savaric saw the hurt in Rosamund’s eyes and another wisp of guilt fanned over him. She made him react and it confused him beyond reason.
“Forgive my words. My Aunt is correct, Rosamund. You are welcome and safe a Foxwoods,” he said before he turned on his heels and strode to the door. He would avoid the girl as best he could. In the morning she would leave and everything would fall back into place.

Capturing Bliss
To save her sister, Lady Blissot de Woodville exchanges places and marries a handsome stranger. But lies born from love have the power to destroy...

Snippet

Woodville Manor, England - 1139 AD.


“Nay Bliss, it cannot work!”
Lady Blissot de Woodville turned from the casement and regarded her beautiful younger sister. “Aye, it will work.” She said with growing determination in her voice. “It will work and I will see you safe and happy.”
“I cannot stand by and let you sacrifice yourself for my sake.” Ivetta announced with a shake of her golden head. “I will do as our uncle and King wish and marry this so deemed hero from the north, and thereby proving our family’s allegiance to King Stephen and his claim to the crown.”
“Ivetta, do you love Lord Adelard Bernier?”
“More than life.” The words slipped out of Ivetta’s mouth before she could restrain them. She took a steadying breath before she continued. “Tis true, I love him; he makes my heart beat faster when he is near. I long to be with him - I long to be his wife. Yet I will not let these feelings outweigh my love for you and I will not sit by whilst you ruin your life.”
Bliss walked across the cool stone floor and sat down on the bed next to her sister; she placed her arm around her shoulders and gave her a squeeze. “I am not ruining my life nor am I sacrificing myself. If I take your place and marry Lord William Reynard, I will be securing both our futures. This could be our chance at happiness.”


Links –


BIO
Nicole has always been a lover of fairy tales, history and romance. She grew up in Melbourne and has travelled extensively, whilst living her life through the romance of books.
Her first passion in life has always been her family, but after studying and achieving her BA Honours in Medieval Literature, she devoted her time to writing historic romance.
She is a full time writer who lives in the Central Highlands of Victoria, Australia with her family, where they live in the peaceful surrounds of a semi-rural town.

No comments:

Post a Comment