Friday 24 April 2015

Book Spotlight and Interview: Kirsten S. Blacketer

A simple country girl at the mercy of a cold-hearted thief with more secrets than scruples.
As a widow, Jessamine gained the freedom she’d always desired. Her late husband left her his sole possession, an inn on the north road to Scotland. When a trio of gentlemen appear at the doorstep of her isolated inn during a snowstorm, Jess can’t help the curiosity coursing through her veins. Eavesdropping on their conversation only entangles her in their web of deception.
To the petite innkeeper, Edmund is a wealthy thief. Allowing her to think what she will, he decides to use her to his advantage. That is until she hides the stolen jewels and refuses to reveal their location. Never cowed by a challenge, Edmund issues an ultimatum: return the jewels or repay the debt with her body.

AMAZONSMASHWORDS


Historical Quick Fire Questions

Favourite Historical Era:  Wow, this is actually a really hard one for me to choose. I have a fascination with history in general, which is why I write in all different time periods and can't focus on just one.  I do enjoy medieval, just prior to the renaissance. But I also love Victorian.

Mr Darcy or Mr Rochester:  I love Mr. Darcy, and I've loved him for a long time. But I've been obsessed with Mr. Rochester for about the same amount of time. So Rochester gets my vote on this one, sorry, Darcy. He's dark, brooding, dominant, and mysterious. All the things I love in a hero.

Castle or stately home: Both have their charms, but castles are notorious for being drafty. I don't like being cold. My husband can attest to that, he's constantly turning down the thermostat because I keep it so high in the winter. I'll have to go with stately home on this one. Although I would love to visit some castles soon.

Cravat or kilt: Another tricky question. I guess both isn't a good enough answer here, but I really do enjoy both on a man. Although, I will say after being in a stage production of Sherlock Holmes recently…the cravat holds a very high appeal for me. I say we bring it back into fashion. It's a fancy tie and perfect for grabbing hold of when the gentleman is too tall for me to reach his lips. *wink*

Best invention: Internet. I love that I can keep in touch with all my friends and family. Being a military family makes it difficult for me to keep relationships for long periods of time because we're constantly moving. The internet gives me the ability to keep in contact with everyone important in my life.

Scones or crumpets: Ummm…I'm American. I don't think I've ever had an actual crumpet. So I'm going with scone because I've had one before. But muffins are better if I can add my two cents. Maybe I've just never tasted a proper scone. Must visit the UK and test this theory. 

Brandy or ale: Neither. If I do indulge, I prefer rum. I believe I must have pirate blood in my lineage.

Carriage or horseback: Carriage driving is delightful for a spring day. I've actually driven carriages and find the ride quite lovely. However, I'm also a horsewoman. There's nothing that compares to racing your horse full gallop across an open field. So horseback is my mode of choice.

Person from history you’d most like to meet: I'd love to meet Nikola Tesla or Shakespeare. Both of them were masters of their crafts and men before their times. Meeting them would be an honor and a privilege.
  

Connect with Kirsten



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting me stop by and visit, Samantha. <3

    ReplyDelete