Wednesday 24 April 2013

Author Spotlight: E. B Black

Please welcome my friend. E.B. to my  blog today. She's sharing her book, Medusa's Desire with us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It all started the day her god raped her.

She transformed into an  abomination through his touch. Here skin grew scales. Her eyes turned  red. She screamed for help, but all who saw her became stone.

Medusa  thought she would be alone forever, until the day a man came to kill  her and fell in love instead. Now Perseus is running from those who  hired him as he continues to love a girl who could kill him with a  glance.

Purchase Medusa's Desire on Amazon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is your book about?

Medusa went from being one of the most beautiful women in the world to the ugliest one because Poseidon raped her. It's about the struggle of her falling in love when she no longer remembers how to be human and is incapable of gazing into the eyes of her lover.

How did you come up with the idea for your book?

Medusa always terrified me because I thought as a child that when she turned people into stone, she also trapped their souls inside the statues. I used to worry whether or not she was real and if she would come and hurt me.

I found out she had been raped and is a misunderstood monster and I longed to get to know her.

What makes your book different than others in your genre?

It's sexier and grittier. I'm not afraid to write about anything.

Because I'm re-writing greek myths, my stories are tragedies and don't necessarily have happily ever afters.

Who is your favorite writer? Why?

Stephenie Meyer because she inspired me to write paranormal romance and fantasy romance novels.

She writes very differently than I do. She is afraid to kill characters and her books have an overall happier view of the world. I'm darker than she is.

What strange writing rituals do you have?

I always write sitting in bed. This leads me to sometimes take naps in the middle of the day. A few months ago, I rolled over my laptop and cracked the screen. It was terrible.

Is your writing style similar to any well-known writers? If so, which one(s)?

I think I'm most similar to Kelley Armstrong, but I only write for adults. She's not afraid to write about characters with faults or write about morbid and disturbing things. She also wrote a trilogy about necromancers, which is one of my favorite things to write about.

Who is your Muse?

Life is my muse. The interesting experiences I have and people I meet fuel my imagination.

What are your hobbies?

I play piano on occasion, I especially love to compose music.

When I get breaks from writing and promoting, I watch television, movies, or read books.

I also play D&D (and other role-playing games) with friends and enjoy video games.

Does your main character resemble anyone in your family or circle of friends?

Medusa has an exaggerated resemblance to me and some of my insecurities. Many women struggle with body image issues, including myself, and being a monster so hideous that people turn into stone when they gaze at you is not going to make someone very confident in their looks.

How long did it take you to write your book?

I was working on various aspects of writing and publishing Medusa's Desire for all of 2012.

What are some writing goals for the future?

I'm going to add a free novella to the Death of Eros series about Pandora's box.

I'm also working on a romantic trilogy about necromancers.

If you were stranded on an island which book would you bring with you?

Jane Eyre

What makes a good fantasy novel?

Imagination and the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes. I love the worlds and cultures fantasy can take you to. They're completely different from your own.

What was the most difficult thing you have learned being a writer?

I have to be patient about everything. Every step in the writing process takes a long time and there are many of them.

What are you reading at the moment?

I'm usually lost in some type of fantasy, romance, or YA novel.


Author Bio

Growing up, I was sheltered from fantasy, paranormal, and science  fiction novels. Now that I've tried them as an adult, I've become  addicted! I like to escape to other worlds so much that I had to create  my own.

In junior high and high school, I read romance novels all  day long. It frustrated my mother and teachers because I'd neglect my  homework in order to squeeze more reading time in.
I became an author because I enjoy reading and daydreaming. I wanted to share my passion for these things with all of you!

I  live in Southern California with my boyfriend and two dogs. If you'd  like to contact me about anything, please do so at deathauthor@live.com


No comments:

Post a Comment