Monday 17 June 2013

Author Interview: Rie Warren

Please welcome Rie to my blog today! We're talking hunks and favourite characters.

So for the benefit of our readers what is your name and where do you live now?
Hiya! My name is Rie Warren and I live in the gorgeous coastal lowcountry area of South Carolina.
Welcome, Rie, and thanks for joining me! First off, how has your week been?
It’s only Tuesday, so far so good…
Please tell us about your current release.
Sugar Daddy is a sexy summer romance with a heaping of heart. Shay Greer is pure GRITS—a Girl Raised In The South–but nowhere near a demure southern belle. She’s looking for a way out of her broken down marriage when she lands an unexpected job offer she really should refuse. Position? Mistress. Fringe Benefits? Of course. Fraternization with sexy CEO Reardon Boone? Required.
Sounds intriguing and very sexy! What does your protagonist think about you? Would they want to hang out with you, their author and creator?
I think my protagonists would probably like to beat the bloody pulp out of me first, and then they might deign to share a drink and have a chat with me. Probably to loosen me up so they can interrogate me about why I put them through ever-loving hell before I give them their much deserved HEA.
I suspect many of mine would feel the same! Do you have plans for a new book?
All the time! Give me a few hours and a glass of wine and I could chat all evening long about them. My next novel to be released is In His Command. It’s the first in my dystopian trilogy coming from Grand Central Publishing. I’m currently finishing the second novel in that series, On Her Watch.
Yes, I know that feeling. Too many books, not enough time to write them! What genre would you place your books into?
I’m a little bit of a book slut. I love to get my hands dirty with a variety of genres including contemporary, paranormal, and sci-fi.
Do you have a favourite character from your books? Why are they your favourite?
Oh boy, this is a loaded question. I feel like I’d be cheating on all my other characters if I named just one. The truth is, I’m always totally in love with my character pairing of the moment. After the book is complete and sent off to the publisher, I feel a little heartbroken, but when I see them again during edits, it’s a big, happy reunion.
I feel like that about my heroes. And then I feel guilty for falling for the next one! How do you go about creating the perfect "Swoon" worthy man?
Oh, this is easy…I base him on David Gandy! Ha ha ha! Okay, that’s only partly a joke. I think it takes equal parts Alpha male, a wicked sense of humor, the ability to be caring and kind, and a deep-rooted need to take care of one’s own. And be packing some heat, if you know what I mean.
A sense of humour is always a must with me. Now before we get too distracted by gorgeous men, lets be serious here! Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Oh lord, yes. I have a terrible habit of over-stating. Why use one word when you can use three or four or five? I think I’ve finally gotten over the ‘lookie what I can do!’ syndrome, but it’s taken some pretty intense editing lessons.
What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?
I am currently reading the Cut & Run series by Abigail Roux. I am *loving* it! As a writer of gay male romance (yes, I write that too) and an avid reader of the genre, I’m always on the lookout for good male-male stories. This one is delicious: sweet, sexy, and kickass. It’s an ebook.
Thanks so much for stopping by, Rie! Best of luck with your releases.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rie Warren writes sizzling contemporary, gay, and paranormal romance. Sugar Daddy is now available, and her dystopian trilogy begins August 6th from Grand Central Publishing with In His Command. She’s most often found slapping her stories into shape or fooling around on Facebook. Find Rie on her Facebook page and on her website.

Purchase Sugar Daddy on Amazon and B&N.



2 comments:

  1. Hi ladies really enjoyed the interview, always nice to hear about an anthor ive never read. They all sound good and wish Rie all the best with them. Been to South Carolina, several times,but not for quite a few years, my Aunt lived Columbia. My daughters read a lot of M/M lately, she said shes fed up with reading about dippy heroines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a fantastic time hanging out, Sam! Thank you for having me.

      Julie, nice to hear from you! I had to laugh about your daughter and 'dippy heroines'. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete