Friday 25 January 2013

Author Interview: J.A. Bailey


What is your name (or pen name) and where do you live now?
My name is J.A. Bailey and I like in London in the UK.

First off, how has your week been?
Great! Not very eventful but it meant that I could knuckle down and get a good bit of writing done. Work has been busy but it's been a fun week on the whole.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it what would you say?
My latest title is Georgie of the Jungle. It's about a rich English woman that gets lost in the jungle. She is rescued by a gorgeous warrior who introuduces her to his tribe. From there things get very interesting...

Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
Well half and half really. A lot of it is written from my lifestyle but I have a very vivid imagination too!

How does your family feel about the book?
My family don't know I write erotica. I'm not ashamed of it at all but there are certain things a parent should never know about their daughter. And I have professional image that I need to maintain so only my partner and my publisher knows my true identity.

Do you have plans for a new book?
Absoutely, I've always got ideas buzzing around and I have a few bits that I've jotted down that I'd like to explore futher. 

What genre would you place your books into?
Erotic or more specifically BDSM Erotica

What made you decide to write that genre of book?
I follow a BDSM lifestyle and it's become very popular. I never considered that people would be interested in reading about that sort of stuff - it was always considered very hardcore but I wrote my first story and discovered that actually people loved it. I think it's great that people are so open to different lifestyles.

Do you have a favourite out of the books you have written? If so why is it your favourite?
Georgie of the Jungle is my favourite  It's a little tongue in cheek and Georgie is a bit of a spoilt little rich girl so it was fun writing about her become lost in the jungle.

How do you go about creating the perfect "Swoon" worthy man?
They have to be gorgeous - in their own individual way - with the ability to nail you down with one look. They are all authoritative and confident but at the heart of it, very caring. They all care very much for the submissive which is something people who don't live the lifestyle don't understand. Underneath it all, there's a lot of love and care.

If you couldn’t be an author, what would your ideal career be?
Well I'm an executive assistant (glorified secretary) to a big firm in London and actually I really enjoy it. The people I work with are great and it's a busy, interesting job. I get to travel and meet all sorts of people so I guess if I failed at writing, I would stick with what I'm doing now.

What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?
I've just finished Nikki Sex's series, Elizabeth's Erotic Bondage. It follows a couple through a rather unusual form of therapy to get their marriage back on track. It starts with Elizabeth naked and bound to the bed!

What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Keep writing, don't get distracted by marketing etc. Even if you're stuck, just force it out. Something will come out and you can always go back and edit later.

Georgie of the Jungle is available to purchase on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment